About Me

My photo
I write and live with my beautiful wife, Sandra, and sons (Solstice, Finnegan and Brahms) in a little-big house on a dirt road in a valley in the hills. My secret identity struggles through the grind of teaching high school English to the denizens of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Best of Anthology

Christopher Jacobsmeyer, the editor, of Kings of the Realm just e-mailed me tonight. He wants to publish my short story, "The Dragon Wager" again in the Lame Goat Press Best of Anthology. Not too shabby. I am very honored. I can't wait for people to read the story. I get great satisfaction when people say they have read "The China People of Oz" and how much it moved them. It moved me, too, it was difficult to write. But, with "the Wager" I (hopefully) will make people laugh. And if that is the case, it is sort of like all the acting I did when I was younger. I might have moved people in "The Italian American Reconciliation" (I know, big old Celtic me playing a guy from Staten Island), but when I so much more enjoyed the laughs I got for those few seconds I was Starveling the Tailor in "A Midsummer's Night Dream". Laughing liberates us, and it unites us in common human understanding. I am just pickled tink at the thought of more people (hopefully) getting some benefit from my scribblings. I don't know when the best of Anthology will see print, but I will keep people updated. It will include the best of six anthologies of Lame Goat Press. Well, I am editing a story for a second round with a magazine (keep your fingers crossed for me, folks. My boy had a relatively positive check up at the big Hanover hospital. Grades are due, but everything still seems pretty O.K. from where I'm sitting right now. I hope they are for you, too.

Trav

No comments:

Post a Comment