About Me

My photo
I write and live with my beautiful wife, Sandra, and sons (Solstice, Finnegan and Brahms) in a little-big house on a dirt road in a valley in the hills. My secret identity struggles through the grind of teaching high school English to the denizens of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Just checked in my spam box...

Wow, what a day! Last night after getting back from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center with my boy, I sat down to write up the speech for the Winter literacy drive party in Waterford and saw that my fourth story was accepted: "Mother Cassie Goes on Account". It is a fun fantasy adventure about an old witch who goes to get revenge and winds up becoming a pirate captain.

Then the literacy speech went really well. The kids and adults really seemed to dig the speech. I'll try to copy it in the next blog. Finally, the kids wanted me to keep reading my short unpublished story: "Arthur Penniman, Private First Class". I ran out of time, but it was nice to have some fans of all ages.

I woke up this morning, getting ready to take Brahms back down for a check up and results of all these tests and saw that someone wanted me to come read this story down in NY. Then I tried to figure out what they were talking about. Turns out a lot of my mail was going to the spam folder. Needless, to say, I was pretty excited. The weather is beautiful, so are my wife and children, and to top it all off, I have SIX stories published!

One is a piece of flash fiction entitled: "Uncle Silas Sat Around the Campfire". It is funny and twisted and I'm very excited that it will be anthologized in Fast Forward. The other is another funny and twisted story about a teacher who has burned out in most spectacular fashion. It is "Mr. Klein's Cancer", and it will be published in Necrotic Tissue Magazine. I really feel like things are coming together. Now back to the writing...

Trav

No comments:

Post a Comment