About Me

My photo
I write and live with my beautiful wife, Sandra, and sons (Solstice, Finnegan and Brahms) in a little-big house on a dirt road in a valley in the hills. My secret identity struggles through the grind of teaching high school English to the denizens of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer vacation is here!

I've been living the easy life for a week and a half now. Well, that's the easy life of a father of five children (most with their own special chronic health condition). I have been busy at work writing before I go on vacation within my vacation (yeah, I know a teacher's life in the summer is hard). So far I've cranked out one novelet and three short stories. I feel good about all of them, and I hope they all find a home. These are the yarns I've managed to pull from my subconscious:

1. "The Enigma Brothers" - A mild mannered guy finds out his mild-mannered brother is a costumed vigilante. Turns out it all depends on these two to save their city and maybe the world from Count Nefari and his nefarious schemes.

2. "The Freemans' Flying Fish"- A heart-warming tale about twin boys who make a wish while fishing and end up with the catch of a life time.

3. "The Ghost-eater" - A teen realizes he's dead just in time to run from the spirit of a murderous occultist.

4. "3 Months During the Lycanthropy Epidemic" - Speculates on whether an inoculation for Lycanthropy might be worse then the disease.

Well, in July I plan to write my next novel, tentatively titled: Wardmaster. It's a dark fantasy epic with lots of creatures, sword play and danger. I'll get back to you when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment