About Me

My photo
I write and live with my beautiful wife, Sandra, and sons (Solstice, Finnegan and Brahms) in a little-big house on a dirt road in a valley in the hills. My secret identity struggles through the grind of teaching high school English to the denizens of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hint fiction

Robert Smartwood has promoted this new type of fiction, called: hint fiction. It is a fiction story in 25 words or less. You can read more about it at:
http://www.robertswartwood.com/?page_id=8

I submitted two such stories for his proposed anthology this summer. I'm still waiting to see if mine make the final cut. It would be cool, if they did as Joyce Carol Oates and a lot of other famous people will be in the anthology, but I had fun challenging myself to this endeavor, anyways. If I don't make it, I'll post them here later. Until then, I came up with another one recently and I'll self-publish it here:



Hitchiking in a Red State
by: T. L. Barrett
Johnny knew he was in trouble when the driver said: "Look at all these lazy animals, just sleeping the day away on the interstate."
The End
Well, I hope you enjoy that bit of political fiction. I have not gotten much done this weekend on account of some friends stopping by and the little ones still recuperating. I'll catch you later...
Trav

No comments:

Post a Comment