About Me

My photo
I write and live with my beautiful wife, Sandra, and sons (Solstice, Finnegan and Brahms) in a little-big house on a dirt road in a valley in the hills. My secret identity struggles through the grind of teaching high school English to the denizens of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm back

Well, I am crawling back from a wicked flu. Not a fun time. Still coughing, and had a few chills today, but I don't feel like I'm going to die anymore, that's a start. I have been reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, a big undertaking for me, because I tend to read about as fast as I write. In any case, I might have to take a break, I just got a copy of Shadows of the Emerald City. It is awesome, and doubly awesome to see my name in print for the first time. I am pretty stoked. I sat down and between coughing fits cranked out another submission for Northern Frights Publishing. Hopefully, I can edit it in the next few weeks and get it out. I wrote a story for Retro Spec anthology just before the old flu hit last week. Both I think did what I wanted them to do. I also noticed a strange thing. A character from another story found her way into this one, uninvited. Well, she is welcome, it was a surprise that's all, but a nice one. In some round about way, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I find that I've been having a lot of Kilgore Trout moments myself. Well, I look forward to feeling better, and hope that if you are reading this, that the antibodies my body has created will magically keep you and your families free of this nastiness. Well, take care and stay well,
Trav

No comments:

Post a Comment