About Me

My photo
I write and live with my beautiful wife, Sandra, and sons (Solstice, Finnegan and Brahms) in a little-big house on a dirt road in a valley in the hills. My secret identity struggles through the grind of teaching high school English to the denizens of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Review of Lazarus by Lori Titus

Lazarus is a western undead treat! Short, but with plenty of story for your dollar, this tale features zombies, psychics, romance, thrills and more. Luella Pembry, a woman with a haunted past, enters Lazarus a town with a past of its own and a present filled with the hoardes of the flesh-hungry undead. There are some great characters and some very thrilling moments. The plot moves right along and my only desire was that we could know some of the side characters in this strange town a little better, and perhaps the author could have inserted a few more atmospheric descriptions of the town and its enviorns. Overall I really enjoyed reading this story. You don't have to love westerns or zombies to enjoy this quick penny dreadful. I am anxiously looking forward to reading more from the promising talent of Ms. Titus! And a final note, this zombie tale has plenty of gore, but it relies most effectively on terrifying moments to carry the impact of the horror. I applaud this. I also love the idea of psychic bloodlines carried out so cleverly by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment